Re: solid state storage device with USB type-A plug for use as OS drive (was Re: Installation "Bullseye")

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> David Christensen [2022-02-10 18:22:46] wrote:
> > On 2/10/22 01:37, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> >> What's high-endurance in your terms?
> > I am unable to find manufacturer specifications to quantify what "high
> > endurance" means, but I do own a 128 GB SanDisk High Endurance microSD card
> > and that is where I heard the phrase:
>
> But you said you wanted high-endurance, so presumably you have some idea
> of what you mean by that?
> Otherwise it would sound like you just want to check someone
> else's buzzwords.

The relevant stat is the total data written specification. It's
usually in "terabytes written".

For a 1 TB SSD, 300TBW is bad. 600 is pretty bad. 1200 is okay
for a desktop. 1800 is reasonable for some server applications.

A Seagate Firecuda 520 specifies 1800.

An XPG Gammix specifies 740.

A Micron 9300 MAX is about 10,000.

-dsr-