Re: /etc/adjtime (setting the hardware clock to local time on Debian 11)

José Luis González <bugs.jlg@gmail.com> writes:

> According to
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/DateTime
>
> There should be an /etc/adjtime file to configure the timezone for the
> hardware clock. I have no such file in my Debian 11 laptop. May I know
> if the file was removed and what was it replaced with?

>From what I can tell, it's created by hwclock. If you run hwclock --set
it should be created. Possibly you can also run

timedatectl set-local-rtc 0

but I don't know if that works if the file doesn't exist.

> I just want to set the hardware clock to local time since this machine
> is shared with Windows and the clock is actually local time.

You might consider telling Windows to use UTC as well. For example here:
https://feldspaten.org/2019/11/03/windows-10-clock-in-utc/