Re: dpkg in Bookworm insists to rebuild initrd

On Wed, Feb 09, 2022 at 11:09:40PM -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
> mv: cannot move '/boot/initrd.img-5.15.0-3-amd64.new' to
> '/boot/initrd.img-5.15.0-3-amd64': Operation not permitted

> What can be done to make dpkg stop trying to replace the initrd that I have made
> immutable? I don't want it replaced.

Easy answer: make a copy of your special initrd, then turn off the
immutable bit, then let dpkg do its thing and be happy, then replace
the initrd with your copy and restore the immutable bit.

Harder answer: probably edit /etc/kernel-img.conf and change the
setting of do_initrd.  But I've never tried that, so I don't know
exactly what it does.  At best, I'd imagine it might turn off *all*
initrd creations, which would affect your *other* kernels too, not
just this one.