Re: texlive-binaries depends on 2 versions of a library

--
 Sent with Tutanota, the secure & ad-free mailbox.

10 Feb 2022, 01:51 by urs@isnogud.escape.de:

> To me this looks somewhat surprising that in Debian buster a package
> depends on 2 versions of a library:
>
> # apt-cache depends texlive-binaries |grep lua
>  Depends: libtexlua52
>  Depends: libtexlua52
>  Depends: libtexlua53
>  Depends: libtexlua53
>  Depends: libtexluajit2
>  Depends: libtexluajit2
>  Breaks: <luatex>
>  Replaces: <luatex>
>
> Is that really intended that it depends on both, libtexlua52 and
> libtexlua53?

I wouldn't say it was a permanent arrangement, and this is just a stage of transition in development.
At present, texlive has dependencies from within both.
Eventually, one of these will disappear during an upgrade.
It may be worth an enquiry to the TUG:

https://tug.org/texlive/

I shouldn't think this would be Debian specific.
Cheers!

Harry