Re: Autostart command after network is available (usbip)

Hello,

On Tue, Feb 08, 2022 at 05:44:25PM +0100, Christian Britz wrote:
> On 2022-02-08 16:46 UTC+0100, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 08, 2022 at 03:46:09PM +0100, Christian Britz wrote:
> >> Is this to be done via systemd?
> >
> > Yes, that's where you should be doing this.
>
> That is what I thought of initially. And I think I am _almost_ there.
> The script works, after several hours of trial, errors and your and
> Dan's advice, when I manually execute it via systemctl. Start and stop
> works.
>
> It still does not work during boot time, though:

Last time I was trying to make something start only after the
network was up I found I needed more than
Wants/After=network-online.target when using ifupdown. I wrote it up
here:

    https://strugglers.net/~andy/blog/2020/12/03/starting-services-only-when-the-network-is-ready-on-debiansystemd/

Cheers,
Andy