Re: Logitech Media Server and Bullseye

On 08.02.22 10:52, john doe wrote:

While I did it on Buster, the same still works on Bullseye:
$ apt-get --autoremove purge logitechmediaserver
$ apt-get --autoremove purge libio-socket-ssl-perl
$ apt-get update && apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl
$ rm -f logitechmediaserver_8.2.0_all.deb
$ wget
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/LogitechMediaServer_v8.2.0/logitechmediaserver_8.2.0_all.deb

$ dpkg -i logitechmediaserver_8.2.0_all.deb

I did exactly what you have asked here as 'root' And then to install
logged in as regular user with root privileges. Here is the result:

(Reading database ... 279424 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack logitechmediaserver_8.2.0_all.deb ...
Unpacking logitechmediaserver (8.2.0) ...
Setting up logitechmediaserver (8.2.0) ...
invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of start.

This last line remains the problem. However, earlier errors are gone.

I'm not using wildcard and you can not downgrade from anew release of
LMS.

Note that I'm only helping through the list.
Sorry, I should remember to hit 'reply list' next time. Sorry.

--
John Doe