Query

I am wondering whether a current Debian distribution can be installed
and run on an older Pentium III computer. (I have Debian 11.2 on a DVD.)

The computer is

   Dell Dimension XPS T500: Intel Pentium III processor (Katnai)
   memory: 756 megabytes, running at 500 megahertz
   IDE disc drive: 60 gigabytes
   Debian partition: currently 42 gigabytes
   Debian 6.0: Squeeze

If I install Debian 11.2, will it run on this machine? Will it preserve
the files and directories that I have on Squeeze?

I am not subscribed to this mailing list. I would appreciate advices.

-- William Lee Valentine