Re: Thunderbird not allowing local accounts

On 1/5/22 12:33, John Conover wrote:
paulf@quillandmouse.com writes:
On Wed, 5 Jan 2022 11:58:09 -0500
Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, 5 Jan 2022 09:44:24 -0500
"Paul M. Foster" <paulf@quillandmouse.com> wrote:

Thanks for the info. Mozilla Foundation is seriously annoying me
lately.

Can anyone recommend another MUA which uses mbox format and is
relatively easy to configure?
Sylpheed?

Celejar

It's starting to look that way. Actually, I'm looking at claws-mail.

Yea, and claws-mail is not compatible with Gmail's oauth2, which is
now required by Google, (as of this month,) and Thunderbird is
compatible, but no longer supports local mbox delivery for a LAN.

Kind of a mess.

     John

DISCLAIMER:

    * I am running on Devuan, then days, not Debian

    * I get my Thunderbird directly from Mozilla  (Currently 91.5.1)

I have local accounts set up so that I can receive e-mail sent by cron.  I have had no difficulty with receiving these e-mails. Over the last two months, I have used 91.4.0, 91.4.1, 91.5.0, and now 91.5.1.  None have given me any problems with receiving e-mail sent by cron to my local account.  Under "Local Folders" I have an account with my name.  Properties shows the location of this to be 'mailbox:///var/mail/marc'.  No soft links required.  Am I misunderstanding the problem, here?

Marc