Re: date & X copy/paste broke on upgrading to Debian 11

On Sun 06 Feb 2022 at 18:03:42 (-0500), Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 06, 2022 at 11:58:52PM +0100, José Luis González wrote:

> > > https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2022/02/msg00144.html
> > >
> > > https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2022/02/msg00151.html
> >
> > Thanks for the tip, but I'm afraid it isn't bracketed paste. I'm suffering from this everywhere, not only in bash.

Technically, I think you get bracketed paste through anything that
uses readline (the animal that reads ~/.inputrc).

And before what follows, is dragging actually working?

> What symptom are you actually seeing?  What happens when you click the
> middle button, while focus is on a terminal sitting at a bash prompt,
> and while something has been selected?
>
> Do you get a mangled paste?  Do you get a correct paste, except that it's
> in "inverse video"?  Do you get nothing at all?
>
> If it's nothing at all, how sure are you that it's not a hardware problem?
> Have you tried a different mouse?  Have you tried using xev to see whether
> the Button2 up/down events are actually being received by the X server?

As a workaround, do the CUA keys work? That is, cutting with ^X,
copying with ^C and pasting with ^V. Are there menus or options
in XFCE for selecting this method?

Cheers,
David.