Re: date & X copy/paste broke on upgrading to Debian 11

On Sun, 6 Feb 2022 11:20:37 +0000
"Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@einval.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 06, 2022 at 11:58:08AM +0100, José Luis González wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Upon upgrading to Debian 11 several things broke.
> >
> > The two that come to my attention now are:
> >
> > 1. System time is one hour more than it should. Timezone (as set by
> > tzdata) is correct.
> >

> Hi

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for stepping in.

> System time:  what time does the motherboard think it is - so BIOS / firmware?

It seems date was set for localtime at the BIOS, so I have updated it to UTC so that it works with Debian.

> Is the system dual booting with another OS which assumes that it has
> control of the clock (usually Windows and setting local timezones
> with daylight saving time)?

No, the system only has Debian. No dual booting.

> Hope this helps, any more details you can give may be helpful.

It seems with the BIOS adjust it's running right. Thanks for your input. You made me realize what it was.