Re: No sound in Flatpaks

On Sunday, February 6, 2022 7:15:55 AM EST A_Man_Without_Clue wrote:
> On 2/6/22 01:23, c. marlow wrote:
> > On Saturday 05 February 2022 06:23:47 am gene heskett wrote:
> >> That, in the case of firefox is not a flatpack issue, debians latest
> >> is the same, every video played has muted sound until you find the
> >> gd mixer and unmute and bring up the gain of that channel, even if
> >> you reload the page to play it again, you have to unmute and slide
> >> the gain back up, by then the gd video is over in many cases. Are
> >> they trying to protect us from what MSMnews considers a lie?  Acts
> >> like censorship to me,  And I am about to chattr +i whatever
> >> controls that if I can find it.
> >
> > lol.
> >
> > Chris
>
> I'm not using Telegram or firefox Flatpak version but I use Flatpak
> version of Wire and Signal apps and they are working just fine with
> audio.
>
> I also do not have any problem with audio with Firefox available from
> Debian Bullseye repo.
>
> A.M.W.C.

That is where I got this firefox-esr, and its a genuine PITA.
The good browser has been discoed, diseenter. Firefox-esr seems to think
its reason to exist is to make sure all the popups work so they can count
more clicks, it for sure is not to please the user.
> .

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis