Re: freeradius - Bullseye - port for 0.0.0.0 port 1812 in use

On Sun, Feb 06, 2022 at 04:29:36PM +0100, Maurizio Caloro wrote:
> I need only a running radius server to logon with a test radtest username passwort locahost:1812 0
>
> root@name:# systemctl stop freeradius
> ● freeradius.service - FreeRADIUS multi-protocol policy server
>      Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/freeradius.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
>      Active: inactive (dead) since Sun 2022-02-06 16:24:18 CET; 2min 47s ago
>        Docs: man:radiusd(8)
>              man:radiusd.conf(5)
>              http://wiki.freeradius.org/
>              http://networkradius.com/doc/
>
> root@name:# lsof -i :1812
> root@name:#
>
> but If start systemctl start freeradius
> the system are thinks that this port are already in use

Because it *is*.  The system is starting freeradius for you.  It's
running.  You've seen that it's running.

But now you want to start it *again*?  Why?  What's wrong with the one
that's currently running?

If you want to change the options that it uses, or something like that,
then you should configure the service so that it starts with the options
you require.