Re: USB sound device present but visible in ‘alsamixer’

Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org> writes:

> When I boot system afresh, the card is visible in the ‘alsamixer’ and in
> Gnome settings as well. Shown as “Blue” S/PDIF input and output
> devices. But when system wakes up from sleep (suspended), it doesn’t
> show the devices.
>
> However, ‘lsusb’ shows it and ‘/proc/asound/cards’ has an entry. But
> these devices (mic and speaker) are not taking any input or producing
> sound. Because they are not visible to Gnome and ‘alsamixer’.
>
> pankaj@anant:~$ lsusb
> Bus 001 Device 003: ID 046d:0ab7 Logitech, Inc. Blue Microphones
> pankaj@anant:~$ cat /proc/asound/cards
>  3 [Microphones    ]: USB-Audio - Blue Microphones
>                       Generic Blue Microphones at usb-0000:2a:00.1-2, high speed

I am trying to make it work; so here is the update.

I tried to experiment with my machine and found that if I plug-out and
plug-in the USB sound card again, it is not shown by "aplay -l" command
as normal user. But when I do "sudo aplay -l" it lists the USB
device. But I am part of "audio" group. "groups" command output:

ankaj@anant:~$ groups
pankaj cdrom floppy sudo audio dip video plugdev netdev bluetooth scanner docker

I don’t know what other configuration is required to list my card using
"aplay -l" as a normal user? It lists the card when I reboot the
machine. But not when I plug-out and plug-in again. Any hints for this?

This could be root cause of my original problem i.e. no sound after
sleep and wake-up.