Re: date & X copy/paste broke on upgrading to Debian 11

On Sun, Feb 06, 2022 at 11:58:08AM +0100, José Luis González wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Upon upgrading to Debian 11 several things broke.
>
> The two that come to my attention now are:
>
> 1. System time is one hour more than it should. Timezone (as set by
> tzdata) is correct.

Hi

System time:  what time does the motherboard think it is - so BIOS / firmware?

If you set the time using the date command / a systems setting app
and then run

	hwclock --systohc

what happens?

hwclock is a small utility to set the hardware clock.

[This way round is system time -> hardware clock or you can do

	hwclock --hctosys

to set the other way round.]

Is the system dual booting with another OS which assumes that it has
control of the clock (usually Windows and setting local timezones
with daylight saving time)?

Hope this helps, any more details you can give may be helpful.

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater