Re: No sound in Flatpaks

On Saturday, February 5, 2022 7:07:18 AM EST c. marlow wrote:
> Fresh install of Debian 11 ( installed yesterday)
> TDE 14 ( Trinity Desktop)
>
> Hi,
>
> I am having problems with flatpak installations.
>
> Firefox, VLC, and Telegram has no sound at all when you try to play
> something.
>
> But reverting back to the repo version of Firefox ESR and VLC, the
> sound works fine.
>
> I need to keep Telegram as a flatpak because the repo version when you
> sign into it, it will ask you to enter the code that they texted you
> and then as soon as you enter it, it will say that, that version of
> Telegram is too old and is no longer supported and that I need to
> update it.
>
> How do I fix this?
>
> I tried googling this issue, but I can't find anything about flatpaks
> not having any sound in TDE.

That, in the case of firefox is not a flatpack issue, debians latest is
the same, every video played has muted sound until you find the gd mixer
and unmute and bring up the gain of that channel, even if you reload the
page to play it again, you have to unmute and slide the gain back up, by
then the gd video is over in many cases. Are they trying to protect us
from what MSMnews considers a lie?  Acts like censorship to me,  And I am
about to chattr +i whatever controls that if I can find it.
> Thanks,
> Chris
>
> .

Cheers, Gene Heskett.