Re: URI for USB-connected Samsung CLX-4195 multifunction printer

On 2/3/22 21:49, Intense Red wrote:
>    I had this working but now after a Linux reinstall I cannot get it to work
> again. :-(
>
>    Using Samsung/HP's proprietary driver package at (https://support.hp.com/
> us-en/drivers/selfservice/samsung-clx-4195-color-laser-multifunction-printer-
> series/16462344)  the driver installs the printer into CUPS.
>
>    system-config-printer's  GUI shows a CLP-300 printer added; everything looks
> cool so far -- but it doesn't work. system-config-printer shows the printer's
> device URI is "mfp:/dev/mfp4" but under /dev there is no mfp* devices.
>
>    As I remember, the previous working printer config used a URI of "USB-
> something" indicating that the printer was connected via a USB cable (which it
> is).
>
>    So my question is: How do I detect a printer connected via USB? What is the
> USB URI for such a printer?

Hi,

try to configure the printer through CUPS' web interface.

On the computer on which the printer is connected, open in browser

http://localhost:631/admin

enter

 - your username and password (in case of sudo)

or

 - "root" username and password

Kind regards
Georgi