Re: Mini server hardware for home use NAS purposes

On 02/02/2022 14:38, Christian Britz wrote:

On 2022-02-02 15:30 UTC+0100, Grzesiek wrote:

I used Zyxel NSA310 some time ago, Debian howto:
https://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,29970,30036
More devices are supported

The successor Zyxel NAS326 sounds interesting, but I am looking more for
something which I do not have to hack before I can install Debian on it.

Build it yourself then. mATX or miniITX motherboard, some mini case, and
one hard drive. Easy.
That being said, I wouldn't build that for myself, I learned hard way
that the only memory I will ever buy now is ECC memory. That limits form
factor available when it comes to DIY home server. My DIY home server is
in ATX PC case.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀