Re: OpenSSH: cause of random kex_exchange_identification errors?

On 2022-02-02 16:12:32 +0100, Hans wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 2. Februar 2022, 15:44:32 CET schrieb Vincent Lefevre:
> Sounds weired. I wonder, if there is a typo. Your message beginning with
>
> kex_exchange_identif....
>
> looks for me like a typo. I would have "key_exchange_...." expected.

No, that's really kex_ in the OpenSSH source, and I think that it just
means "key exchange" (the "exchange" in kex_exchange_identification is
about identification, as part of the key exchange, if I understand
correctly).

[...]
> Other reasons might be a timing problem on the network. Maybe you
> can take a look with wireshark or similar, if there are network
> problems.

Note that the error is always immediate. So this is not due to packet
loss or something like that.