Re: Mini server hardware for home use NAS purposes

Christian Britz wrote:
> Inspired by my previous attempts to implent NFS on my Synology NAS, I am
> thinking about buying a mini server where I install Debian to serve as
> file share (SMB and NFS) and DLNA server.
>
> It should fully support Debian Stable, have a low price but be capable
> of performing the tasks well, ideally have working WIFI, be silent,
> low-power and small.
>
> Do you have any recommendations for me?

How small is small for you?

And do you need RAID, or just storage, and if so, how much?

For example, an ASRock 4X4 BOX-R1000V will run Debian Stable
nicely. It's very small. It's very quiet -- one CPU fan, nothing
else. But because it is so small, it only has room for one M.2
drive and one 2.5" SATA3 drive. If you need more storage, it
will have to be via USB3, which I do not really recommend.

(US $250 plus memory and disk).

-dsr-