Re: Mounting NFS share from Synology NAS

On 2022-02-02 02:01 UTC+0100, Christian Britz wrote:

> Thank you, that was the right hint, the solution to get it work (with
> NFS4 support) with IP based "security" was:

[...]

> Is my assumption right, that I would have to setup a Kerberos server to
> achieve real security?

I am thinking about going the Kerberos path indeed. Sometimes there are
guests on my LAN and I think it is a good opportunity to broaden my
knowledge.

Unfortunately Synology does not ship a Kerberos server and my DS115j
model is not capable of running docker. In the long term, I might
replace the NAS.

Now I am thinking about running the Kerberos server components on my
client. Is it possible at all to run server and client on the same
network interface?

Any hints would be welcome.