Re: i386 or AMD64 - Which is currently running?

On 2022-02-01, Stanislav Vlasov <stanislav.v.v@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> BTW, for the twisted-minded it's probably possible to run a 64bit
>>> userspace on a 32bit kernel.
>
> Me used that some years ago - 4GB ram was accessible only with 64bit
> kernel and proprietary 32bit software.
>
>> Oh nuts. I was going to say I was at least half correct.
>
> This will print what you need
> dpkg --print-architecture

Yes, I've adequately absorbed this information. But I don't need it.  I
mean, despite my advancing years, I remember, like the vast majority of
people here, I suppose, whether I installed a 64 or a 32 bit release
(although the consequences of not remembering appear to me to be
rather innocuous for my use case).