Re: Fwd: Debian 11: Tuning kernel parameters swappiness and watermark_boost_factor to stop SWAP Storm

On Vi, 28 ian 22, 10:15:58, Steven J. West wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> TL;DR/summary:
>
>    - Tuning vm.watermark_boost_factor to 0 (disable) on Debian
>    significantly improves performance on memory-intensive tasks that utilise
>    SWAP space, by stopping preemptive kswapd freeing of memory, and
>    subsequent page thrashing.
>    - I suggest that Debian should tune vm-watermark_boost_fact=0 by default
>    to prevent this problem.

Hello,

This list is mostly for Debian users.

While some Debian Developers are reading and even actively engaging with
the community (thanks!) you should probably send this either to
debian-kernel or file it as a bug against the source package 'linux'.

(reportbug should do this by default if you point it to any linux-image
package you have installed)

Kind regards,
Andrei