Re: Fwd: Debian 11: Tuning kernel parameters swappiness and watermark_boost_factor to stop SWAP Storm

On 28.01.22 11:15, Steven J. West wrote:
Comparing the Ubuntu and Debian kernel parameters using sudo sysctl -a showed two key differences in virtual memory (vm) management parameters.

  * Ubuntu:
      o vm.swappiness=60
      o vm.watermark_boost_factor=0
  * Debian:
      o vm.swappiness=10
      o vm.watermark_boost_factor=150

Might this "150" be a typographical error and you wanted to write 150000?
Your reference to the Red Hat documentation states 150000 to be the default in Red Hat, and in my Debian, where I have not touched this value, it is also set to 150000. My Debian was installed as Buster (maybe as even older Stretch?) and then upgraded to Bullseye.

Best wishes,
Marco