Re: GNOME Evolution cannot lock /var/spool/mail/<user>

Hello,

Pretty old bugs you dug up: more than 10 and 20 years old ;-)

Here (Bullseye, Evolution 3.38, Exim standard setup (local only)), with
an Evolution dedicated local account set up to send (server type:
sendmail) and receive (server type: local distribution in
/var/mail/didier), I have no problem.

But:
- I directly use /var/mail/didier, not /var/spool/mail/didier
(/var/spool/mail is a link to /var/mail)
- I use this mail account in Evolution it only for local distribution,
I do not send/receive external mails, for this I use ordinary IMAP/SMTP
ISP mail accounts (gmail.com, free.fr, ...)
- My main use of this local account is to receive various system
messages (unattended-upgrades, apt-listbugs and so on)