Re: firefox and limited bookmarks. WTH?

On Sunday, January 23, 2022 10:56:20 AM EST David Wright wrote:
> On Sat 22 Jan 2022 at 21:07:17 (-0500), gene heskett wrote:
> > Thanks for backing me up Cindy. I found I did not own the .mozilla/
> > firefox directory but a recursive chown -R gene:gene * did not fix
> > it.
>
> Who or what /did/ own it? That might help you determine how this
> bizarre situation arose.

1001:backup, which the 1001 would have been the user amanda, the backup
program on the old install the @&$#%* shingled drive ate that started all
this bs.

I've since chown'd it back to me but I've not added any bookmarks to test
since.

I''m also up to my gizzard trying to build a fully preemptible kernel for
an rpi4 as I've a friend in the other end of the country who wants to run
a couple ton of cinci milling machine with it. I can build it using raspi
instructions, but it won't boot when installed. So I'm mid process of
seeing if I can make it work on yesterdays bookworm build.

Pre-occupied is the word.  And I need a browser that holds bookmarks.

Thanks David.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis