Re: Looking for recommendations [SOLVED (for now]

On 2021-12-29 8:46 p.m., David Christensen wrote:

On 2021-12-28 8:31 p.m., Juan R.D. Silva wrote:
The headphone jack failed on my Dell M4800 laptop. I need to find reliable with decent stereo audio output External USB Sound Card/Audio Adapter with 3.5mm Stereo Headphone (3 pole plug) and Mono Microphone (nice to have) Jacks. It should be available in North America.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

 > Looks that I kind of solved it for now by cleaning the jack with the
 > toothpick soaked in alcohol. Silly solution. I'm not sure for how long
 > but the jack works now.
 >
 > Thanks for all replied folks.

It is easy to forget the old-school electronics technician skills -- good for you.  :-)

(If you need to do this again, Amazon carries "micro applicators" with 2.0 mm diameter heads.)

David

Do you think you can provide a link for an example?

Thanks