Re: Looking for reccomendations

29 Dec 2021, 11:31 by juan.r.d.silva@gmail.com:

> The headphone jack failed on my Dell M4800 laptop. I need to find reliable with decent stereo audio output External USB Sound Card/Audio Adapter with 3.5mm Stereo Headphone (3 pole plug) and Mono Microphone (nice to have) Jacks. It should be available in North America.
>
> Any recommendations?

The same thing happened with my Dell Optiplex 980 desktop.
I bought one of these:

https://www.storedj.com.au/akg-lyra-ultra-hd-multimode-usb-microphone?SearchID=18781793&SearchPos=1

and one of these to plug into the bottom of it:

https://www.storedj.com.au/akg-k240-mkii-professional-open-back-headphones?SearchID=18781834&SearchPos=2

I might have to pay for replacement earpads sometime, but that should see me out.
The mic plugs straight into USB.
Very happy with the performance of both.Cheers!

Harry