yabasic is strange

A program I wrote for blassic on another system works with bwbasic on
debian.  However with yabasic, the input statement throws an error and the
syntax is correct for yabasic too.  One possibility may be the file suffix
since it's now .bas and may need to be changed to yab.  The file I wrote
the program won't even load in yabasic for editing either.  I think the
yabasic version is way outdated too so that could be a problem too.