Re: How to see the list of CRITICALLY vulnerable packages in Debian?

On Sat, Dec 25, 2021 at 11:51:50PM +0100, maxwillb wrote:
> December 25, 2021 4:16:59 PM CET "Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@einval.com> wrote:On Sat, Dec 25, 2021 at 03:36:12PM +0100, maxwillb wrote:
>
> > So you're raising issues that everyone knows but can't do a great deal about
>
> Then what did you mean by "It's not as if people are massively dropping the ball here" ?

I meant that folk are aware: that we're not hiding information: that bug
information and NVD levels are available - though at the level of the
individual bug..

Debian does take part in co-ordinated responsible disclosure with other Linux
distributions, does maintain a security team - it's not as if the Project as
a whole doesn't care.

> By the way, I'm not criticizing Debian. I know it's all volunteers, and Debian can't make them fix Chromium, or any other package on that list.
>
> I just wanted to know if there was a way to filter this list by (NVD) severity.

Check with the Debian security folk - ask on debian-security mailing list?
The best info I had was the URL I gave you at the beginning of one of my
messages.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater

[_Not_ one of the security folk]