Re: Can mount external CD but can't play or rip tracks

Hi,

Kete wrote:
> No, there are no other DVD drives.

I struggle to make sense of the fact that some mount facility can make
some kind of files on the CD accessible, but that cdrskin reports
"There is no disc at all in the drive".

It would be explainable if cdrskin would report
  cdrskin: SORRY : Cannot open busy device '/dev/sr0'
and not give more infos than subsequent complaints about having no drive
to work with.

> I guess I'll just have to return the drive and leave a review.

Exchanging the drive is indeed a good way to distinguish drive problems
from software problems. (That's why i have a few of them.)

The problem with a honest review in this case is that drives tend to be
individually broken, rather than particular manufacturers or drive models
being of low quality.
(I have a bias against slim drives. But that costs me money in form of
full height USB boxes additional to full height BD drives.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas