Re: Can mount external CD but can't play or rip tracks

Hi,

Kete wrote:
> The CD started playing, and I was able to copy the tracks to my computer.
> However, I am not able to access the burner with Xfburn or Brasero.

When a CD-ROM is mounted, then the burn programs are supposed to refrain
from accessing the drive.

> I am
> using an external DVD drive with write capabilities through USB. When I run
> 'cdrskin -v dev=/dev/sr0 -toc', I get 'cdrskin: status 2 BURN_DISC_EMPTY
> "There is no disc at all in the drive"'.

Is there perhaps another drive attached to your computer ?

What do you get from

  cdrskin --devices

which should list the accessible drives, like

  0  dev='/dev/sr0'  rwrw-- :  'HL-DT-ST'  'BDDVDRW GGC-H20L'
  1  dev='/dev/sr1'  rwrw-- :  'HL-DT-ST'  'DVDRAM GH24NSC0'

In order to have them all accessible, remove the CD so that it cannot be
mounted when you let cdrskin look for drives.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas