Re: qmail package in bullseye

On 2021-12-24 17:00+0200, Georgi Naplatanov wrote:
> On 12/24/21 14:58, 황병희 wrote:
> > Hi, there is no qmail package in bullseye. what's wrong?
> The software seems unmaintained for a long time [1]. According to
> wikipedia the last release is from 1998 and I think there was an
> incompatibility with the qmail's license and Debian. I've never seen
> qmail's binary packages in Debian. I think there were tools in Debian
> which allowed users to compile qmail on their own.
>
> If you are looking for SMTP you can look at Postfix and Exim.

qmail is now public domain, so the licence shouldn't be a problem now.

  <http://cr.yp.to/qmail/dist.html>

qmail with JMS's patchset has been mostly just fine for me. However, if
I were doing things again, I would suggest postfix since things like SSL
are included and it follows some of the compartmentalised design of
qmail.

Ed