Re: biqu bx 3d printer ??

On Thursday, December 23, 2021 8:22:03 AM EST Curt wrote:
> On 2021-12-22, Tixy <tixy@yxit.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2021-12-22 at 04:36 -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> >> What utility could adjust the baud and endianess of this tty_ACM0?
> >
> > I can't see how that is relevant, this is your printer's USB connection
> > not some old style asynchronous serial interface like RS232.
>
> Apparently it is though, relevant, to a virtual serial port.
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/MPSelectMiniOwners/comments/7a9zl8/issues_printing_
> over_usb_in_ubuntulinux/
>
> Maybe the OP could try Octoprint or Pronsole.

I'm not too sure about the latest cura, I've toured the menu's and there is
not a visible item anyplace to configure it to drive a usb port printer
directly. Older versions did have that, but it was a wee mite flaky and would
not reconnect if the printer was powered down while cura was not. If the cable
is plugged in, the /dev/ttyACM0 port is there, so the printer complains about
some spurious AT commands which degenerate later to strings of uNSS.

Its busy ATM, doing parts for a variation of a harmonic drive. At some point
I'll leave it plugged and and live while I restart cura. Maybe cura still has
the same bug its had for quite a few upgrades since 3.00 was new a couple
years back?.  When a printer is found, it can alternate between saving the
gcode to disk. or driving the printer directly.

I've installed setserial, but haven't been able to make sense of the --help
screen yet.

Thank you, Merry Christmas to all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)