Re: Identity Theft

On 2021-12-23, rhkramer@gmail.com <rhkramer@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I can find no example of this with a cell phone.
>
> Somebody yesterday posted about Triggerfish -- I can't find that post
> immediately.
>
> Wikipedia says (about Triggerfish):
>
> "Intercepting a cell phone call by a man in the middle attack, if the option
> is enabled, and the user makes or receives a call."

 Tracking of a cell phone by a mobile FBI van (Wireless Intercept and Tracking
 Team) which seeks to locate a cell phone lacking GPS tracking by scanning for
 its emissions. This first became known for its use in tracking hacker Kevin
 Mitnick.[1]

 Intercepting a cell phone call by a man in the middle attack ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triggerfish_(surveillance)

Other than the FBI stalking a criminal element in an unmarked van parked
across the street stuffed with sophisticated electronic equipment, I don't
believe this theoretical possibility translates to a worrisome probability of
malicious behavior for the R.H. Kramers of the world.