Re: Identity Theft

On Tue, 21 Dec 2021 10:34:49 -0500
The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On 2021-12-21 at 09:10, Tim Woodall wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 21 Dec 2021, tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:
> >
> >> Le 21/12/2021 ? 14:24, Eike Lantzsch ZP6CGE a ?crit?:
> >>
> >> It is the second one, "Noscript" in one word [1]. Several
> >> look-alike have spawn over the years. I also use Umatrix [2], but
> >> it is more complex.
> >>
> >> For Firefox:
> >> [1] https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/noscript/
> >> [2] https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/umatrix/
> >>
> >> At least one of those is packaged in Debian.
> >
> > Will umatrix still work in firefox 91?
> >
> > Certainly didn't work for me in android v92.
>
> Is uMatrix on the whitelist of extensions that are allowed on the mobile
> version of Firefox?
>
> Some good number of releases ago, Mozilla completely redid the mobile
> version of Firefox, and in the process dropped support for most of the
> extension base - as in, they restricted the allowed extensions to only
> those in a defined list, and started that list out with a grand total of
> *nine* items. (See [1] for some at-the-time commentary on this.)
>
> I understand that in the time since then they've gradually expanded the
> list of allowed extensions, but at nothing like a rapid pace, and with
> no sign that they even intend to ever let the broad scope of extensions
> be installable (much less usable) for mobile-device Firefox again.
>
> It's always possible that uMatrix is one of the whitelisted extensions,
> but I wouldn't be even slightly surprised if it weren't.
>
> [1]
> https://palant.info/2020/08/31/a-grim-outlook-on-the-future-of-browser-add-ons/

1) The author of uBlock and uMatrix, Raymond Hill, has abandoned the
latter:

https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uMatrix-issues/issues/291#issuecomment-694988696
https://www.ghacks.net/2020/09/20/umatrix-development-has-ended/

2) Android uBlock is indeed on the official list of Firefox Recommended
Extensions:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/collections/4757633/7dfae8669acc4312a65e8ba5553036/

Celejar