Re: Identity Theft

On Monday, December 20, 2021 09:09:05 PM Jeremy Ardley wrote:
> There is a type of attack called cross-site scripting (XSS). It's mostly
> been eliminated by latest version browsers, but there are always
> zero-day vulnerabilities.
>
> The effect is that if you are vulnerable and have two tabs open, one to
> the legitimate site, and one to a bad guy site, the bad guy can alter
> your trusted site and for instance change a valid link into something
> malicious, or change a displayed phone number.
>
> More at https://owasp.org/www-community/attacks/xss/

Hmm, I forgot to snip the last response I sent.

Thanks for the information -- I never really knew what cross-site scripting
(XSS) is -- I have an idea now, and I'll read the link you sent me, and maybe
more.

But, in this case, I'm sure that was not the problem.

Dial 855/654-5324 (perhaps more than once) and see who you get, I'm sure that
on at least one of those calls you'll be convinced you're talking to T. Rowe
Price.  (But you may get a scammer, sometimes, like I did.)