Re: Identity Theft

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 9:33 AM <rhkramer@gmail.com> wrote:
My identity has been stolen, and although it has nothing to do with Debian,
Linux, or computing (well, in general). I thought it would be educational /
important to notify everyone I can of what happened.

This is part of what prompted my report to the FBI -- they don't promise to do
anything about it, but the implication / inference I get is that they will not
delete the report.  (And they will look at the report and consider taking
action of some sort, iiuc.)

The FBI is not necessarily bound by statute-of-limitation issues as state prosecutors are.
In Chicago, the FBI lured and shot John Dillinger behind the Biograph Theater. The seat that
the Lady In Red sat in was refinished in red velvet. And nearly 40 years later they helped assassinate
the Black Panther leaders Fred Hampton and Mark Clark.

Very sorry about what happened, it's always a concern.