Re: osinfo-query os missing debian Bullseye

On Tue, 21 Dec 2021 at 00:44, john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:
> On 12/20/2021 12:44 AM, David wrote:
> > On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 at 04:36, Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:
> >> john doe wrote:

> > I just use '--os-variant debiantesting' until someone
> > gives better advice.

> According to (1), the better advice would be to use 'debian10'!!! :)
> 1)
> https://listman.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2021-December/msg00057.html

Thanks for the update, but I don't see any suggestion of "better"
in that discussion.

Your question there does not even mention that 'debiantesting'
is a possible option, so it may not have been considered by
your respondent. It appears to me that they've simply told you
that it's ok to use what you said was available, without any
suggestion of it being "better" than something which was
never mentioned.

I suspect none of this is particularly important anyway.
It has been like this for some years, with the stable Debian
release not appearing in the libosinfo that it contains,
and it does not seem to cause any problems that I've noticed.
And it seems likely that 'debiantesting' will reliably point to
the next release. But what it actually does and whether
it matters I have no idea.