Re: GRUB really slow to boot

On Sat, 18 Dec 2021 at 23:54, Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> wrote:
> The symptoms I experienced were BEFORE the kernel was executed.  During
> GRUB itself.  While sitting at the GRUB menu.
>
> Once the kernel started running, everything was within normal expectations.

Sounds like a race condition or infinite loop in grub somewhere.
I have seen articles about it that describe it as a slow display in grub.
No solutions though. I suggest you take this up with the grub developers.
There might be a debug mode for grub, so that you can help track down
the problem for them.
One question, does it boot faster if you just press enter at the grub
menu, and don't wait for the counter?