Re: IPv4 specific issue with USB tethering between my Debian laptop and my phone

On Sun, 19 Dec 2021, didier gaumet wrote:

Le samedi 18 d?cembre 2021 ? 23:52 +0100, Vincent Lefevre a ?crit?:
[...]
I haven't tried wireshark on the other end. I wonder whether there
is a replacement tool that doesn't need an X11 connection, to just
do the capture of the packets.
[...]

Hello Vincent,

perhaps tshark (tshark package) would do?
https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/AppToolstshark.html

Missed this.

tcpdump is my tool of choice for this. I don't even use wireshark for
capture when I'll be capturing packets on the host I'll be viewing them
on.