Re: GRUB really slow to boot

On Sat, Dec 18, 2021 at 11:42:23PM +0000, James Dutton wrote:
> Disk looks OK to me.
> Next, check no USB devices are connected while it boots.
> Disable "quiet" boot mode, so you can see all the boot up messages.
> This will give you an idea where it is going slow.

"quiet" is a kernel parameter.  It's passed to the kernel.  It does
nothing until the kernel is executed, as far as I understand things.

The symptoms I experienced were BEFORE the kernel was executed.  During
GRUB itself.  While sitting at the GRUB menu.

Once the kernel started running, everything was within normal expectations.