Re: 8 -> 9 update changing things

rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> Chiming in from the peanut gallery:  My preference is to obtain a new (to me)
> system, install the version of the OS I want on it, get it working, get
> comfortable with it, then migrate my data to the new machine.

> I have very little tolerance for not having a working system of some sort at
> all times.

You could solve this entirely by buying another disk, and
swapping boot between them as necessary.

Honestly, stable=>stable in place upgrades is one of the
crowning achievements of Debian.

(Others include the package management tools, and the sheer
number of available packages, and the security team.)

-dsr-