Re: BUG: Debian 11 version of bibletime

On 12/18/2021 04:05 AM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Ma, 14 dec 21, 04:20:00, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 12/13/2021 08:10 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
Richard Owlett composed on 2021-12-13 12:18 (UTC-0600):

I reinstalled bibletime and xiphos.
Using bibletime I installed Bible, concordance, etc.
F1 and F2 do NOT display the appropriate help files.
Are you sure you installed everything bibletime /wants/?

I might be phrased as "I ordered it all but the the repository (i.e URL)
contacted did not contain all that is evidently residing at other URL's".

I.E. I used Synaptic to install
  bibletime      -- bible study tool for Qt
            AND
  bibletime-data -- Documentation and data for bibletime

Please demonstrate this with the output of

     dpkg -l bibletime\*

When Erwan David (in Europe) performed "apt-file search bibletime" the
handbook files were displayed.

When I (in Missouri USA) run it against Debian 11 I do not see handbook
files. I *DO* see the handbook files when running it against Debian 10.

I've done a fresh install of Debian 11 using the same copy of dvd1.iso .
I then installed bibletime. F1 and F2 still do not work.
I also installed Sid. Bibletime installed properly there.

IOW I am convinced I am observing a repository problem, *NOT* operator
error.

Please demonstrate this by showing us the actual run of apt-file as well
as the output of

     dpkg -L bibletime-data

richard@debian-11:~$ su
Password:
root@debian-11:/home/richard# dpkg -l bibletime\*
||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-==================================>
ii  bibletime      3.0-5        amd64        bible study tool for Qt
ii bibletime-data 3.0-5 all Documentation and data for bibleti>
un  bibletime-i18n <none>       <none>       (no description available)
lines 1-8/8 (END)

I see the same on Sid. In both cases Synaptic states the repository is
       http://deb.debian.org/debian

I've also found https://deb.debian.org/ which states:
The server deb.debian.org does not have packages itself, but the name has
SRV records in DNS that let apt in stretch and later find places.

The *LAST* package installed by Synaptic was bibletime. In which log-file do I look to find the *EXACT* URL bibletime was retrieved from.

IIRC there is some load sharing going on in the background which would account for me retrieving different files than others.