Re: Debian 11.1, xfce4-terminal, select entire line, middle-click, newline not pasted

On Mon 06 Dec 2021 at 09:28:33 (+0100), Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Mike Kupfer wrote:
> > If you use bash,
> > https://utcc.utoronto.ca/~cks/space/blog/unix/BashBracketedPasteChange
> > probably explains what you're seeing.
>
> This is one of the mornings when i look into my mailbox and want to
> repeatedly scream a popular german 7-to-8 letter word.
> No wonder that many people are reluctant to upgrade their operating
> system after they got it to work as desired.
>
> Maybe it's about time to create bashvuan ?

Having just started using bullseye, I must admit I'm already missing
the inverse-video aspect of bracketed paste when I go back to buster
(where I manually configured bracketed paste after seeing this thread).

However, I was already setting   XTerm*cutNewline: false, and I do
paste at point(emacs)/cursor position, and not where I pasteClick¹.
Whether you use these two options might influence how desirable
bracketed paste is in the first place. It's a matter of taste.

¹ Paste at point is obviously more beneficial when you paste as
  frequently by keyboard (Shift-Insert) as by mouse ("middle"
  button), the position of the mouse being indeterminate or even
  invisible with the keyboard paste.

Cheers,
David.