Re: Need Support on Debian10 Linux Kernel Upgrade

Hi,

Balasubramanian Ravuthan wrote:
>  1. Debian 10 Buster is not released with Linux Kernel 5.10 ; That means We
>    cant upgrade Kernel 5.10 with Debian 10? - Please confirm.

No.

There are kernel source packages of 5.10 in backports
  https://packages.debian.org/buster-backports/linux-source-5.10
  https://packages.debian.org/buster-backports/linux-config-5.10

In general you can compile an own kernel and use it with your existing
Debian installation.
I did this on Debian 10 with 5.10-rc3 from git (branch "linux-next")
when i explored how to fix various old bugs in cdrom, sr, and iso9660.
It works fine for me, although being much newer than the 4.19 kernel
which was installed with Debian 10 (and still can be booted if i want).

This is not recommended by Debian, of course, and you might get mockery
from other Debian users if you report about problems which arise from
such a individual kernel upgrade.
Better first try with the source packages from backports.

>  3. In order to upgrade Linux Kernel to 5.10 means we have to install Debian
>  11 BullsEye. Please  Confirm.

See 1.

>  5. What will be the impact for upgrading Debian 10 with Kernel 4.19 to
>  Debian 11 with Kernel 5.10.

At least "bracketed-paste" and maybe other unsolicited changes.

(Yesterday i had to learn how to repair vim on a SuSE system: set t_BE=
I'm looking forward to my first upgrade to Debian 11 ...)

> 2.
> 4.

Were these items supposed to contain questions ?

Have a nice day :)

Thomas