Re: 8 -> 9 update changing things

Roy J. Tellason, Sr. wrote:
> On Thursday 16 December 2021 02:49:17 pm Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> >
> > I would seriously suggest upgrading from 9 to at least 10. You might sort out some of the issues but, more
> > importantly, will be moving up to a better supported system
>

> I'll get there.  But upgrading involves me copying a whole pile of
> stuff over to my server, including some really large files that are
> involved in Virtualbox and the one snapshot I have, and then figuring
> out a whole mess of detailed stuff that I need to do to make the
> upgrade happen.  Last time it was something like 3 or 4 days before I
> was back to anything remotely resembling normal, and I'm not looking
> forward to the next time (or two).

You don't do regular backups?

I recommend them.

I can also vouch for a couple of facts:

- every version of Debian stable has been easier to upgrade to
  than the last.

- you do about half the amount of work by upgrading from 9 to
  10 and then immediately to 11, and then figuring out what
  needs to change, as you would if you tried to figure out
  changes for each upgrade.

-dsr-