Fwd: Returned mail: see transcript for details

See attached, the final reject of my attempt to post to the cups list, which I
am subscribed to.

Where did I mess it up?

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis
--- Begin Message ---
The original message was received at Sat, 11 Dec 2021 11:24:12 -0800
from ma1-aaemail-dr-lapp02.apple.com [127.0.0.1]

<cups@cups.org>

<cups@cups.org>... Deferred: Connection refused by lists.apple.com.
Message could not be delivered for 5 days
Message will be deleted from queue
Reporting-MTA: dns; ma1-aaemail-dr-lapp02.apple.com
Arrival-Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 11:24:12 -0800

Final-Recipient: RFC822; cups@cups.org
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; lists.apple.com
Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 11:40:48 -0800
--- Begin Message ---

Having my main drive take a long walk off a short pier last week while running
stretch, I am now on bullseye, but the driverless is also featureless so I went
to brothers site and installed their drivers. From this machine it works although
I only did the test page which is not duplex. Had to reconfigure cups a couple
times to get it shared to the rest of the machines on my home network.

Then, intending to do some reconfiguring of one of my cnc drivers, I fired up my
net and logged into it, then finally managed to get a printout of the file I'm
going to work on. Normally 19 pages in landscape, duplex format. From the
bottom tray as I usually have 50 cents a sheet photo paper in the top tray.

On a stretch install, a 3 minute job. But from a buster machine over a cat6
pipe, it was a 40 minute, non duplex job I had to put copy paper in the top
tray to do, and its not only single sided, it started with the last page.

On stretch, that would have been a 3 minute job, page 1 face down on the
output tray, duplex all the way.

How do I fix this comedy of errors?

Thank you.
Gene