Re: cups problems in bullseye

Hi Gene,

On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 06:58:34AM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> I only made the apple comment after receiving bounce msgs
> 3 times from attempting to post to @cups.org.

I've already asked once that you show us the exact text of those
bounces, so that we might determine where the problem lies.

> Doing to the site that originated the bounce msgs, and finding
> that the cups mailing list was not listed there,

I've already pointed out that the cups list does still appear to be
mentioned here:

and that it last had traffic back in November, which doesn't seem
to be an unusual state of affairs for that list. You did confirm
that this was the list you meant.

So, its web interface and archives still exist. Whether it still
accepts email we do not know.

> the fact that the lists going away had been announced on
> that list months ago,

Do you recall which month? Perhaps you could find that announcement
in the archives?

    https://lists.cups.org/pipermail/cups/

I had a quick glance and couldn't find it, but might have missed it.
I did some web searches but only get hits from this thread!
It would definitely help to know what has been announced.

> I posted the only theory I had left.

While you obviously could be correct in your claim that the cups
list at lists.cups.org has been decommissioned, you haven't actually
given us any way to verify that, and it's not for wont of asking.

> If there actually still is a cups list, lay it on me. But it
> hasn't been yet.

A strange assertion since you did already tell me that you were
talking about cups@cups.org and that you had now attempted to (re-?)
subscribe to it. Doesn't that make it your turn to clarify?

Thanks,
Andy