Re: Reasonably simple setup for 1TB HDD and 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD

Hello,

Em [2021-12-09 qui 01:02:17+0000], Andy Smith escreveu:

> If you are still worried you could partition just half of it and use
> it as a physical volume for LVM, which you might want to do anyway to
> encrypt it (LUKS), Then over time you can see how much you have
> written, how much life is left etc. and decide then whether to leave
> it over-provisioned or extend the LVM further.  It leaves your options
> open.

I intend to use Btrfs.  This means if I later decide to use some of the
unpartitioned space, I can easily and efficiently add it to the main
Btrfs file system without directly using LVM (since Btrfs actually
includes logical volume management), right?

Kindest regards,

--
- Many people hate injustice but few check the facts; this causes more
  injustice.  Ask me about <https://stallmansupport.org>