Re: cups problems in bullseye

On Wednesday, December 15, 2021 3:05:50 AM EST Andy Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 04:31:55PM -0000, Curt wrote:
> > >
> > > What's a PM, and where is it? (There are too many meanings for me
> > > to guess which one applies here, even while examining Andy's posts.)
> >
> > My guess is personal mail. But who's Andy?

Andrew Cater

> I think he's referring to me, since I was one of the first people to
> respond to his CUPS questions (plus bonus conspiracy theories about
> Apple), and his response came directly to my personal email not the
> list.
>
> As usual I struggled to understand what Gene is asking for but I
> parsed it as something like, "I have no idea how to send email with
> Firefox such that it goes only to the list, not to you directly, so
> can you help me by not including your own email address?"
>
> Which still makes very little sense to me, but this is nothing new.
>
> As far as I can see no one needs to change how they are sending
> email to this list, Gene just needs to learn how to work whatever
> mail software he is using.

I'm on kmail now, Which does handle replys properly. But when using FF, in
order to get the list included, you must reply-all, then clear the to: box in
order to stop the automatic PM. More useless mouse work.

And I might add that I only made the apple comment after receiving bounce msgs
3 times from attempting to post to @cups.org. Doing to the site that
originated the bounce msgs, and finding that the cups mailing list was not
listed there, and the fact that the lists going away had been announced on
that list months ago, I posted the only theory I had left. If there actually
still is a cups list, lay it on me. But it hasn't been yet.